New perinatal mental health and addictions e-learning course
- An increasing complexity of need and unmet need and concern that service delivery is inequitable
- Cultural models of care need to be strengthened
- There are gaps in the continuum of care
- There is a need to support and grow the wider maternal mental health workforce
- Eligibility criteria to access maternal mental health services require a live child
As one of a number of recommendations, the report proposed that more training and education be provided to healthcare providers.
Whāraurua, a national provider of infant, child and youth mental health training and development, has been funded by the government to provide this training and have partnered with PADA - Perinatal Anxiety & Depression Aotearoa to develop a series of e-learning modules.
The perinatal mental health and addictions e-learning course will be launched in July 2023 and will be free to access.
If you are interested in finding out more, please complete this expression of interest form.