- Are you passionate about improving health for mothers, babies and whanau?
- Bring your experience working and supporting communities
- Join our friendly and supportive team.
The Baby Friendly Initiative Coordinator manages the Baby Friendly Initiative (BFI) accreditation and reaccreditation process of NZ’s maternity facilities. This involves
- Liaison with maternity facilities, Baby Friendly Coordinators and Auditors
- Coordinating and arranging audit visits
- Analysing audit and annual survey data
- Maintaining the NZBA Annual Survey and Audit On-line Tools
The Coordinator will be involved with the baby friendly community work which is on hold awaiting completion of the ‘Baby Friendly Aotearoa Programme’.
The Coordinator is involved in, and in some areas responsible, for activities outlined in the NZBA Strategic and Maori Health Plans.
To undertake this role the Coordinator will need to have the ability to travel throughout NZ (up to 6 times a year being away from home for 24-48 hours). NZBA operates a Family Friendly work place.
NZBA is responsible for the implementation of the Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI) and Baby Friendly Community Initiative (BFCI) and for awarding certificates of accreditation to approved health facilities and community service providers. The NZ approach to BFHI and BFCI is currently being updated into the ‘Baby Friendly Aotearoa Programme’. This will align with the revised WHO/UNICEF ‘Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding’ (2018).
For further information please contact Jane Cartwright 027 4341 697
Please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Applications close 4pm Monday 12 August 2019.